Last modified: January 16, 2019
Renaissance Leisure Group 2004 (“The Flag,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by The Flag or any third-party (including our affiliates); or
- any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Data Controller, Data Protection Officer, and Representative
Children Under the Age of 18
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website (“Personal Data”):
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, address (home, billing, and shipping), e-mail address, telephone number, credit or debit card number, bank or financial account number, date of birth, salary or personal financial information, memberships, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website, and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website are:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to or purchasing our services and products, posting material, or requesting further services and information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
The Personal Data we collect from you is required to enter into a contract with The Flag, for The Flag to perform under the contract, and to provide you with our products and services. If you refuse to provide such Personal Data or withdraw your consent to our processing of Personal Data, then in some cases we may not be able to enter into the contract or fulfill our obligations to you under it.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns:
- details of your visits to our Website. We collect traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, e.g., your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
If you are in the European Union, the processing of your Personal Data is lawful only if it is permitted under the applicable data protection laws. We have a lawful basis for each of our processing activities (except when an exception applies as described below):
- Legitimate Interests. We will process your Personal Data as necessary for our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are balanced against your rights and freedoms and we do not process your Personal Data if your rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are to: facilitate communication between The Flag and you; provide you with our products and services and fulfill your requests; detect and correct bugs and to improve our Website; safeguard our IT infrastructure and intellectual property; detect and prevent fraud and other crime; promote and market our business; check your credit, background, and perform risk assessments; develop our products and services;
- To Fulfill Our Obligations to You under our Contract. We process your Personal Data in order to fulfill our obligations to you pursuant to our contract with you to deliver our goods and services to you.
- As Required by Law. We may also process your Personal Data when we are required or permitted to by law; to comply with government inspections, audits, and other valid requests from government or other public authorities; to respond to legal process such as subpoenas; or as necessary for us to protect our interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies (for instance, when necessary to prevent or detect fraud, attacks against our network, or other criminal and tortious activities), defend litigation, and manage complaints or claims.
Special Categories of Information
The Flag does not ask you to provide, and we do not knowingly collect, any special categories of Personal Data from you.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data
- to present our Website and their contents to you;
- Process, fulfill, and administer transactions and orders for products and services ordered by you;
- to contact you in response to a request;
- to provide you with information about us, our Website, and our products and services;
- to administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, and contests;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account/purchases, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
With your consent, we may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you wish to consent to this use, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. If you wish to change your choice, you may do so at any time by logging into the Website and adjusting your preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request at [email protected].
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Data for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
- to our affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. When possible, these third parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. These entities provide IT and infrastructure support services and financial and payment processing services.
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Renaissance Leisure Group 2004’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Renaissance Leisure Group 2004 about our Website’s users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Flag, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information.
When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We will only share your Personal Data with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes with your express consent. If you wish to consent to such use, you can check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your Personal Data or otherwise seek such consent. If you wish to change your choice, you may do so at any time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected].
- Promotional Offers from The Flag. We will only use your contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products and services with your express consent. If you wish to consent to such use, you can check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your Personal Data or otherwise seek such consent. If you wish to change your choice, you may do so at any time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future marketing email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. We will only use information that we collect or you provide to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences with your express consent. If you wish to consent to such use, you can check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your Personal Data or otherwise seek such consent. If you wish to change your choice, you may do so at any time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. For additional opt-out rights regarding Google Advertising Features, please visit adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on its website (www.networkadvertising.org) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance on its website (www.aboutads.info). We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
Your Rights Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Applicable data protection laws may provide you with certain rights with regards to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Access and Update. You can review and change your Personal Data by notifying us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Restrictions. You have the right to restrict our processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. In particular, you can request we restrict our use of it if you contest its accuracy, if the processing of your Personal Data is determined to be unlawful, or if we no longer need your Personal Data for processing but we have retained it as permitted by law.
- Portability. To the extent the Personal Data you provide The Flag is processed based on your consent (or that we process it through automated means), you have the right to request that we provide you a copy of, or access to, all or part of such Personal Data in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that we transmit this Personal Data to another controller, when technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent. To the extent that our processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by closing your account. Withdrawing your consent will not, however, affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal, and will not affect the lawfulness of our continued processing that is based on any other lawful basis for processing your Personal Data.
- Complaints. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority in the country you live in, the country you work in, or the country where you believe your rights under applicable data protection laws have been violated. However, before doing so, we request that you contact us directly in order to give us an opportunity to work directly with you to resolve any concerns about your privacy.
- How You May Exercise Your Rights. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us through any of the methods listed under Contact Information below. If you contact us to exercise any of the foregoing rights, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We reserve the right to limit or deny your request if you have failed to provide sufficient information to verify your identity or to satisfy our legal and business requirements. Please note that if you make unfounded, repetitive, or excessive requests (as determined in our reasonable discretion) to access your Personal Data, you may be charged a fee subject to a maximum set by applicable law.
Do Not Track Signals
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us. For additional opt-out rights regarding Google Analytics, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Consent to Processing of Personal Data in the United States
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in order to provide our Website, products, and services to you, we may send and store your Personal Data outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your Personal Data may be transferred outside the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide an equivalent level of protection for your Personal Data.
Data Retention Periods
The Flag will retain your Personal Data for the entire time that you keep your account open. After you close your account, we may retain your Personal Data:
- for as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement;
- on our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- for as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; and
- for data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
To Contact The Flag (Controller)
1209 Muskoka Beach Road
Gravenhurst, Ontario P1P1R1